It is normal to experience emotional difficulties during life and counselling is one way of supporting you at such times. Counselling can provide an opportunity to explore issues that may be preventing you from leading a more rewarding and fulfilling life. You can free yourself from past issues/behaviour and grow into the unique person you really are.
Goals of counselling may include:
- Building a therapeutic relationship with you, which has the potential to increase self-esteem and confidence;
- Helping you to gain clarity of your thinking, feelings and/or behaviours;
- Accessing your inner resources to promote further trust in your decisions;
- An increase in personal awareness, which can help you to make more informed choices for the future;
- Working through experiences you feel 'stuck' or 'confused' with. This could include integrating childhood issues or trauma.